2022 Youth Leadership Program
The Farm Camp Youth Leadership Program is a fun way for teens to gain leadership skills while volunteering as junior counselors for Calypso Farm Camps! Teens will have the opportunity to develop hands-on leadership and teamwork skills while assisting with camp activities and helping younger children. All youth volunteers will work directly with Calypso Farm staff and Camp instructors. There is space for multiple youth leaders per session so teens will also be learning and working alongside their peers!
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Entering 7th-12th grade in fall of 2022
- Can commit to working a 30-35 hour work week for one week out of the summer (or more if accepted to/interested in multiple camp sessions)
- Interested in working with and mentoring youth
- Have a reliable method of transportation to and from Calypso Farm
- Must be willing and able to follow all of Calypso Farm’s COVID-19 safety protocols and be a role model of these practices for younger campers. You can read about those protocols and safety practices here.
Benefits of the Program: Farm Camp is fun and interactive! There are a lot of activities, games, crafts, and more! Youth leaders will learn from experienced Calypso educators and, if interested, be able to lead some of their own activities for younger campers. This is a great opportunity to learn more about career fields like teaching, childcare, outdoor education, and farming! Volunteer work and leadership programs also look great on resumes and college applications, provide an introduction to work environments, and are a great way to make new friends!
To Apply: fill out the application below to let us know you’re interested! Youth are encouraged to fill out their own applications, with the help of their parents/guardians. We are so excited to be offering this program and will do our best to accommodate everyone who is interested in volunteering. Thank you for your interest!
Questions? Contact Leila Pyle at email@example.com or call 907-451-0691