Each year, volunteers dedicate hundreds of hours working with Calypso’s educational programs and helping out on the farm. We could not do this work without the support of these members of our community. Calypso welcomes volunteers of all ages. We’d love to have you join us!
The Farm Discovery Program is an educational volunteer program for all ages! You'll learn all about the farm and surrounding boreal forest during a free training session and then share what you've learned by volunteering as a Farm Discovery Guide during field trips and community events!
Registration is open now for 2022 training sessions! Note: You must attend one full 3.5 hour training to become a Guide! Additional sessions for Sheep & Wool training are available and will prepare you to help with our fiber arts field trips!
Training Option #1: Tuesday, April 19 | 8:30am-12pm
Training Option #2: Thursday, April 21 | 8:30am-12pm
The Farm Camp Youth Leadership Program is a fun way for teens to gain leadership skills while volunteering as junior counselors for Calypso Farm Camps! Teens will have the opportunity to develop hands-on leadership and teamwork skills while assisting with camp activities and helping younger children.
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Entering 7th-12th grade in fall of 2022
- Can commit to working a 30-35 hour work week for one week out of the summer (or more if accepted to/interested in multiple camp sessions)
- Interested in working with and mentoring youth
- Have a reliable method of transportation to and from Calypso Farm
- Must be willing and able to follow all of Calypso Farm’s COVID-19 safety protocols and be a role model of these practices for younger campers.
Additional volunteer opportunities for youth and adults include volunteering at public events, working in the field, assisting with building projects, and helping with our education programs.
To get involved, complete the form below and we will contact you when opportunities are available!