2022 Farm Educator/Assistant Camp Director
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis through February 1st, 2022.
The Farm Educator and Assistant Camp Director is an education focused position at Calypso Farm. There are three primary responsibilities, all of which require working closely with Calypso’s Lead Educator/Camp Director:
- Being an instructor for Calypso’s youth summer camps.
- Assisting with all aspects of running camp, including developing lessons and mentoring camp interns and youth volunteers.
- Assisting with Farm-based Field Trips and other youth and family education programs throughout the summer.
Hours: Full-time (35 - 40 hrs/week)
Dates: May 2 - August 19, 2022 | Start and end dates are somewhat flexible. Possible opportunity to extend the position through September 30, 2022.
- $16-17/hour, depending on experience
- Room and Board at Calypso Farm for the duration of the season (included if needed)
Calypso Farm is committed to fostering equity and inclusivity in our work, and providing opportunities for all members of our community, especially those with backgrounds and identities that are currently underrepresented in our dominant food systems and community leadership roles.
Applicants of Color and persons who identify as Black or Indigenous are particularly encouraged to apply.
Questions? Email Leila Pyle, Calypso’s Lead Educator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-451-0691.
To apply, please submit the following form and attach your resume below.
Alternatively, you can also send a copy of your resume, three work related references, and a cover letter that addresses the following questions to: email@example.com
Before applying, be sure to read the full job description which includes the roles, responsibilities, and required qualifications for the position.